Uptown Bounce: I Love the '90s
Pre-registration for this program has closed but you can register at the Museum when you arrive, see you tonight!
Free! Join the Museum of the City of New York and El Museo Del Barrio for our free summer block party series celebrating East Harlem at the top of Museum Mile.
At the Museum of the City of New York:
From grunge to gangsta rap, bubblegum pop to black nail polish punk, this party promises to be all that and a bag of chips.
- Throwback to the '90s with Misbehaviour and Joey Carvello of Mobile Mondays! spinning the anthems you loved when you wore snap bracelets and butterfly clips.
- Experiment with classic '90s moves in an all-levels dance lesson with Viva Body Roll.
- Revel in the looks that defined the decade with a pop-up installation of '90s-inspired fashions from 5001 FLAVORS, a Harlem-based apparel company.
At El Museo del Barrio:
El Barrio comes alive at El Museo del Barrio! Inspired by our neighborhood, visitors will be invited to create a community mural.
- Artist-in-Residence Lourdes Bernard will give a brief artist talk.
- DJ Geko Jones will be on deck spinning' tropical bass' beats.
About Uptown Bounce:
Join the Museum of the City of New York and El Museo Del Barrio for our fourth annual Uptown Bounce series of free summer block parties. On four consecutive Wednesday evenings, dance to New York DJs, enjoy gallery talks, tours, art workshops, and savor summer drinks and local food. To view all of the events in the series, click here.
This event is free and open to the public but pre-registration is required.
Includes Museum admission.
Note that by registering for the event, you will be signed up to receive emails from the Museum of the City of New York, El Museo del Barrio, and the event's media sponsor, Gothamist, with updates about museum news, exhibition openings, and public programs. You may unsubscribe at any time.