Seminar Day: Health & Fitness
Brain Food! Health and Fitness - FREE!
New York at Its Core Seminar Day
Create, cook, stretch, eat, and learn with fellow teachers during this free day co-sponsored by the NYC Department of Health.
The day includes:
- A keynote address by Dr. Robin Nagle, Anthropologist-in-Residence for the New York City Department of Sanitation
- A tour of New York at Its Core, the first-ever exhibition showcasing the history and future of our city
- A light, healthy lunch
Afternoon breakout sessions include:
- Classroom-based yoga to help students prepare their mind and body for testing
- Cooking – and eating! – “brain-powered” food while reinforcing STEM standards
- Writing, documenting, and disseminating school wellness policies
- Exploring the historical, geographical, and cultural environment of El Barrio