Fall 2019 Course
P Credit Course: Native New York: American Indians and Dutch New Amsterdam
Thurs, Oct 24; Sat, Oct 26; Sun, Oct 27
See below for times and locations.
- 15 CTLE hours. The Museum of the City of New York is a CTLE certified provider.
- Course Fee: $60. Register with the Museum here.
- 1 P Credit with registration through ASPDP
- To receive P Credit, participants must also register on ASPDP by 11:59 pm on Wednesday, October 23. ASPDP registration will open on September 16, 2019.
Co-led by the Museum of the City of New York and the National Museum of the American Indian-New York, this popular course examines trade and relations between the Lenape and the Dutch and life on Mannahatta and in the Hudson River region. Through guided workshops, lectures with guest speakers, and walking tours, explore source material in the two cultural institutions, learn about the relationships between the Lenape and the Dutch, and compare and contrast the natural landscape and ecology of Mannahatta in 1609 to the island of Manhattan today.
This two-day course will meet at the following times and locations:
- Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 4:30-6:30pm @ Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian - New York, 1 Bowling Green, New York, NY 10004
- Saturday, October 26, 2019 - 9am-4:30pm @ Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian - New York, 1 Bowling Green, New York, NY 10004
- Sunday, October 27, 2019 - 9am-4:30pm @ Museum of the City of New York - 1220 Fifth Avenue at 103rd Street, New York, NY 10029
About P Credit Courses
The Museum of the City of New York offers Professional Credit (P Credit) Courses throughout the year. These courses are open to all educators, including educators not eligible for credits through the New York City Department of Education.
P Credit in-service courses are offered in conjunction with the New York City Department of Education’s After School Professional Development Program (ASPDP) and can be applied towards teachers' 30+ salary differential. ASPDP courses may also be used by teachers and paraprofessionals toward the NYS 175 hours of Professional Development requirement, as long as their principal approves. For more information on DOE salary differentials, please visit their website.
The Museum of the City of New York is also a CTLE certified provider.