Courses for Kids are multi-session afterschool and camp opportunities for elementary and middle school students. Join us to learn from the Museum’s renowned photography and costume collections and work under the direction of professional photographers and designers to create your own photograph or fashion design. Learn more about our current offerings below
I Spy New York Camp: Capturing the City through the Camera
A Digital Photography Camp for Students Ages 7–9
Learn from the Museum’s renowned photography collection and work under the direction of a professional photographer to photograph the major elements of the city, including its buildings, parks, and people. Take home a professional print of your best work to share with family and friends.
DATES: Monday–Friday, June 12–16, 2017
TIME: 9:00 am–4:00 pm
ENROLLMENT FEE: $600/week; $550/week for Museum members
Student activities include:
- Learning how to use a professional digital camera
- Taking field trips to Central Park, the Brooklyn Bridge, and other iconic NYC sites
- Making cyanotype prints outside
- Gallery visits and scavenger hunts to look at photographs on view
- Meeting Museum professionals to learn about the behind-the-scenes workings of a Museum
- Critique and activities with a guest photographer
- Editing and printing a final photo
For any questions, please email Coursesforkids@mcny.org.
Join the Museum of the City of New York and the NYC Department of Education STEM Summer Programs for our August camp, Styled: The STEM of Fashion. Students in grades 4 and 5 may apply for our week-long camp: August 7–11, 2017.