I Spy New York Camp: Capturing the City through the Camera
A Digital Photography Camp for Students Ages 7–9.
Learn from the Museum’s renowned photography collection and work under the direction of a professional photographer to photograph the major elements of the city, including its buildings, parks, and people. Take home a professional print of your best work to share with family and friends.
Student activities include:
- Learning how to use a professional digital camera
- Taking field trips to Central Park, Battery Park, the Brooklyn Bridge, and other iconic NYC sites
- Making cyanotype prints outside
- Gallery visits and scavenger hunts to look at photographs on view
- Meeting Museum professionals to learn about the behind-the-scenes workings of a Museum
- Editing and printing a final photo
* Camp meets at the Museum Monday to Friday, June 11-15, 9:30 am to 3:30 pm, daily.