Uptown Bounce: Rhythm & Power
Free! In the spirit of our new exhibition, Rhythm & Power: Salsa in New York, celebrate the powerful cultural fusion that is New York salsa, featuring:
- DJ Joey Carvello of Mobile Mondays! and Christian Martir of Sociedad Records spinning a fiery mashup of Latin-infused beats
- Performances by conga player Tito Sandoval
- All-levels salsa dance lessons from legendary instructor Franck Muhel
- Activist-inspired art-making activities including button making and the chance to collaborate with Jason Lazarus, Artist-in-Residence at the Hunter East Harlem Gallery, to recreate protest signs used in Harlem over the past 100 years
- Curator-led gallery tours
About Uptown Bounce
Join the Museum of the City of New York and El Museo Del Barrio for our fourth annual Uptown Bounce series of free summer block parties. On four consecutive Wednesday evenings, dance to New York DJs, enjoy gallery talks, tours, art workshops, and savor summer drinks and local food. To view all of the events in the series, click here.
This event is free and open to the public but pre-registration is required.
Includes Museum admission.
Note that by registering for the event, you will be signed up to receive emails from the Museum of the City of New York and El Museo del Barrio with updates about museum news, exhibition openings, and public programs. You may unsubscribe at any time.