Intermediate Elementary School Photography Class
I SPY NEW YORK 2.0
AN INTERMEDIATE DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY CLASS FOR STUDENTS IN 3rd, 4th, and 5th GRADES
Students will deepen their understanding of New York City history through close observation, field trips, and photographic exploration. Show your refined knowledge and skills in a student exhibition at the Museum with an opening reception on Wednesday, June 7 at 5:00 pm.
DATES: 10 Sessions, Wednesdays, March 1 – May 24, 2017*
TIME: 4:00 - 6:00 pm
EXHIBITION OPENING RECEPTION: Wednesday, June 7, 5:00 pm
ENROLLMENT FEE: $850
Student activities include:
- Learning the manual functions of the camera, including aperture and shutter speed
- Making a photo using an analog method
- Taking field trips to locations such as Rockefeller Center, Lincoln Center, and Central Park
- Writing your own artist statement
- Printing, matting, and framing a final photo for the student installation at the Museum
- Meeting Museum professionals to learn about the behind-the-scenes workings of a Museum
- Critique and activities with a guest photographer
*Due to school vacations, there is no class on March 22, 29, and April 12. Please note that students who have not taken the I Spy New York introductory course may register for I Spy NY 2.0.
For any questions, please email Coursesforkids@mcny.org.